Monday, July 21, 2008

Let's see if I can figure this one out!


Like Carl stated previously we have been married almost three years. On our first anniversary Carl took me back to Ireland to meet the rest of his family, whom I enjoyed so much. They are the kindest people I have ever met. We stayed two weeks and saw some beautiful sights. The only downside to the whole vacation was a month before we left for Belfast I found out I was pregnant, which was great, but boy was I sick. I didn't get to enjoy any of the great food, I stuck to Mcdonalds, KFC and Burger King. Not very adventurous in the food department, but we still had a blast! We stayed with his mom and her husband Stewart. They took us to Dublin to see some of the sights and to a fantastic pantomime of Aladdin (my favorite Disney movie). We also had the privilege of driving along the coast of Ireland with Robert and Doris, It was so beautiful we also toured some castle and old church ruins. Pat and Jackie (Carl's aunt and uncle) were so kind and let us stay in their beautiful home which over looked a small stream, the ocean and some ruins.

I also got to meet Carl's nanny, she was wonderful. I love her spunk and personality. All in all I loved Ireland and can't wait for me and my husband to share with our children where they come from, and take them to meet their family and see the beauty of Ireland!

No comments:

Contributors